Classic Potato Salad
- 2 pounds potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped *optional
- Sprinkle of paprika
- Cover the potato chunks with water, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and allow them to cool completely (put them in fridge to speed the process along).
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic powder and sugar. Stir well.
- Toss the cooled potatoes with chopped dill pickles, celery and onion.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the potato mixture and stir to combine. If you wish, top the potato salad with chopped hard boiled eggs. Sprinkle a dash of paprika over the top of the potato salad for garnish.
- Keep refrigerated or over ice if setting out for buffet.
- Feel free to add chopped radishes, cucumbers or summer squash for different flavor and texture.
We made this with Organic Red Potatoes, Vidalia Onions and Full Circle Yellow Mustard on sale at Rodhe’s June 23-July 26, 2018