An Update on the Influenza as it relates to Holmes County
- Public health surveillance data indicate Influenza Like Illness (ILI) went up in Holmes County between March 18 and 24.
- The percentage of ILI outpatient visits and number of ILI hospitalizations increased from the previous week’s levels. (see graph below)
- ILI ED (Emergency Department) visits decreased from the previous week’s levels.
- There were 4 influenza-associated hospitalizations and 0 novel influenza infections reported to the Holmes County General Health District during the week.
- There have been 14 deaths in Holmes County associated with Influenza or Pneumonia during the 2017-2018 Flu season as of March 24, 2018.
This graph shows you the data we have reported above. The numbers at the bottom of the graph indicate the weeks of the year, (with weeks 40-52 being the end of 2017). We are currently reporting on week 12 (March 18- March 24, 2018)