An Update on the Influenza as it relates to Holmes County
- Public Health surveillance data indicates there has been significant Influenza Like Illness (or ILI) in Holmes County.
- The percentage of outpatient ILI visits have started to trend downward and emergency department (ED) visits are slightly above the statewide average.
- The frequency of ILI ED visits has been most common individuals less than 50 years of age.
- During the week of February 25 - March 3 there were 0 influenza-associated hospitalizations and 0 novel influenza infections reported to the Holmes County General Health District.
- There have been 13 deaths in Holmes County associated with Influenza or Pneumonia during the 2017-2018 Flu season as of March 3, 2018.
This graph shows you the data we have reported above. The numbers at the bottom of the graph indicate the weeks of the year, (with weeks 40-52 being the end of 2017). We are currently reporting on week 9 (February 25-March 3, 2018)