The Holmes County General Health District
Here at the Holmes County General Health District, we are always looking for qualified persons to join our team! HCGHD prides itself on diversity in the workforce and attempts to hire individuals who are reflective of the population that we serve. Additionally, HCGHD is an equal opportunity employer and provider of services. Individuals with unique qualifications such as bi-lingual skills are highly encouraged to apply.
Environmental Health Technician:
The Holmes County General Health District is actively seeking a qualified candidate for the full-time position of Environmental Health Technician. Under the general supervision of the Environmental Health Director, the candidate chosen for this position will conduct inspections on Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) House Bill (HB) 110 Sewage Treatment Systems, Vector Control and Surveillance Activities, EH Division Administrative Support Assistance, EH program data entry and management assistance, and other duties as assigned.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts inspections of commercial sanitary waste treatment/disposal systems that discharge between 0 and 25,000 gallons per day to ensure compliance with Ohio water pollution control laws and regulations.
- Under supervision of the Environmental Health Director, consults with installers and the general public regarding code violations, options to remedy violations, and potential enforcement measures regarding HB 110 Sewage Treatment Systems.
- Vector control/surveillance and animal bites complaints.
- Assistance with administrative support and data management activities.
- Prepares and maintains inspection reports and all supporting documentation.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to essential functions.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to public health emergencies as directed by the Board and the Health Commissioner.
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualified candidates must possess:
Associates degree or bachelor’s degree; a valid Ohio driver's license; and proof of insurance. All applicants must be computer literate and able to effectively communicate orally and in writing, bi-lingual (Spanish or Penn Dutch) is a plus.
Paid holidays; paid vacation; paid sick leave; paid personal leave; health insurance; dental insurance; vision insurance, and employee wellness program.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Provider
Position is open until filled.
Email or Send Resume to:
Fiscal and Human Resource Officer
85 N Grant St Ste B
Millersburg, OH 44654