An Update on the Influenza as it relates to Holmes County
- Public Health surveillance data indicates there has been significant Influenza Like Illness (or ILI) in Holmes County.
- The percentage of ILI visits has started to trend downward.
- The percentage of ILI Emergency Department (ED) visits in Holmes County are similar to the state average. This was most common in patients aged 24-50 years old. (see graph below)
- During the week of January 29- February 2, 2018 there was only 1 influenza associated hospitalization reported to the Holmes County General Health District.
- There have been 10 deaths in Holmes County associated with Influenza or Pneumonia during the 2017-2018 Flu season as of February 2nd
This graph shows you the data we have reported above. The numbers at the bottom of the graph indicate the weeks of the year, (with weeks 40-52 being the end of 2017). We are currently reporting on week 5 (January 29-February 2, 2018)